Monday, September 16, 2013

Uhm...We Might Have Had a Few Changes...

Since my last post (ok--it was ancient)...we have had a few changes.  Weddings, grandbabies, missionaries, moving, new children joining our family, new businesses...I would catch everyone up, but I think we just start here.  Where we are.  In Canyon Lake, Texas in our new home.  Life is never so permanent as when it changes...I think I'm going to have that embroidered on a pillow somewhere.  This beautiful place is where we landed....



And I thought I'd invite you in...



To see what we have been blessed with...the view from the front door.  I REALLY need to get the bottom of that green chair fixed since you can see it from the front door.  And maybe find somewhere after all this time who can clean that antique quilt hanging on the railing.  You know that quote from Steel Magnolias "An ounce of pretension is worth of pound of manure?" I think of that every time I see this staircase--though I love it and its beautiful.


Then there's this beautiful piano room...a bare, blank canvas.  I have ideas for this room!



Here's the family room...complete with wedding mantle.  Still.  I loved it so much I left it till Fall and when I will have those gorgeous oranges and reds up.  It's September.  Where is that Fall mantle you ask?  Still in my head, of course.  I'll get to it.  Next Tuesday.



Notice the really great heart artwork on the wall, courtesy of a dear friend.  Only now we have two more hearts to put in there and I have NO idea how she's going to fix that one!  



This is the most used room in the house.  It never looks clean.  It never has all the dishes done, and there are rarely fresh flowers in there.  



So there you have it!  The "new" digs from a year ago.  Next up...master bedroom.  Talk about a clean slate!  We are working on that one, though.  It's going to be great.  Just as soon as its done.  After next Tuesday when the Fall mantle is done....

No comments: